November 1, 2011

Five.



Happy Happy Birthday my dear Guthrie!

You are five years old today.

That seems impossible in both directions - it seems like just yesterday I found out we were expecting you, but I cannot, for the life of me, seem to remember life without you. In many ways you have defined this family, your brother is certainly also doing the same, but I think there's something about a firstborn. About how the three of us worked hard to create our family.

I keep typing and deleting and retyping and I'm just going to leave it with this:

I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. You've completely cracked my heart open and because of that I can love the other people in my life so much more deeply. Thank you.

I am so very, very proud of the person you are and the person I think you're becoming.

You will change this world, I am certain of it.

Happy Birthday Guthrie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails