February 23, 2010

Yay Grandpa Dave!

So, you'll remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I was ever so slowly learning to knit by working through my dad's knitting book?

Well, the smart folks over at Lion Brand Yarn snatched up his book and are now making it available to the public via their website.

How awesome is that? I'm so proud!

I'm also proud that I'm on like Chapter 7 and have produced some lovely results. I've not sat down to do a project yet-- imagine that! but remember that yarn I bought for myself earlier in the year? That'll be for my first project. The thing about the book is that as my dad is blind the book is written definitely from that perspective. Which is great for a person like me who is an almost completely auditory and kinesthetic learner. Painting class was a challenge for me when I was in college. They kept asking, how do you see it and I kept saying, what the heck are you talking about?? I'd be interested if other kids of blind parents have a similar learning style. And now I'm so off topic! My point was that other knitting books (and i have quite a few!) have been wholly unhelpful because I just cannot make sense of the illustrations that make up a large portion of their directions. Makes me wonder if my lack of frustration this time around is purely because I don't have to make heads or tails of pictures that make no sense to me.

I have spacial issues and my lovely husband says, in all seriousness, that I could probably get lost in a cardboard box.

In all seriousness, I probably could.

So, go check it out! It's called The Touch of Yarn and if you scroll down a little on the link you should be able to see it.

Yay Grandpa Dave!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails