no, not the drink silly. I've been tagged by my friend Stephanie over at Product of Feminism. The meme is 7 random facts about yourself and then you tag 7 people so they will post the same on their blogs. I know, it's all so exciting. I've never been tagged before and have been suffering a little tag-envy. Best Pre-Christmas Present Ever Steph! Thanks!
So, on to the list . . .
1. I love weather. Ok I know, that's not so much a surprise. I think this is why southern California was not a good fit for me. I will gladly suffer through -30 and 104 in a matter of months because it means it's not sunny and 70 day in and day out. I hated that. How do you remember anything if you can't remember it by the weather? Seriously. I can tell you how the air felt on my wedding day or the day we brought Guthrie home, but I can't tell you what my first or last day of grad school felt like because it may as well have been the same day!
2. My first job was at Baskin-Robbins. Followed shortly by working at a daycare which would become my ultimate fall back job in almost every new city I moved to over the years. It's one of those, I know I can do it, I know I can be ok at it, but it's not my passion things. And I'm determined that it will never become my fall back job again.
3. I dream pregnancy and birth. Let me explain. Since I was a little girl I've dreamt about either being pregnant or giving birth- sometimes to 8 or 9 babies at a time. My grandma Masil does some dream interpretation and she told me not to worry; it wouldn't be all --move over john and kate because john and darah have come on the scene! and gave me good answers to my questions. Fast forward a couple decades and several dozen 'kids' and I'm pregnant with Guthrie. About 8 of my friends are pregnant at the same time and we're all due within about 6 months of each other. For every single one I dreamt their birth within 24 hours of it happening. How freaky weird is that? Sometimes I would wake up and just have a sense, oh I bet Melissa is having her baby soon. And sometimes it was so much more information. Like my friend Jun-Nicole. I emailed her a couple days after my dream wherein she had a boy, he was huge and there was something weird about his name. No one could tell it to me and then when they did I couldn't remember it, etc. She emailed me back from the hospital and said I could have a future as a fortune teller. Her as yet unnamed son was significantly larger than his older brother and he was born the morning of my dream. I told you it was freaky weird. And then of course I dreamed Guthrie. For about 3 days straight before I went into the hospital. Her gender was a surprise so I only told my L/D nurse about the dreams. She came back to check and see if I'd been right that she was a girl. I'll be interested to see if this pattern continues when we have more kids.
4. I spent my 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st birthdays on grand adventures. My birthday is in the summer, so it wasn't that difficult. For all except one I was in foreign countries - let me tell you, not a huge deal to turn 21 in Europe- and for all I kind of wished I was home!
5. Every spring I have insomnia. For about 2 months. It started at least 8 years ago and I thought for sure it would stop my first spring of being a mother because of the sheer exhaustion. Not so much. I mostly just watched my baby sleep, which wasn't all bad really.
6. I hate Phil Collins. With a passion. Oh, his voice just grates on me. And don't get all- what about Genesis? That was ok, wasn't it? No. It Was Not.
7. I got a C- in Home Economics in 7th grade. Shocking isn't it?
So, now I'm tagging seven of my friends:
Melissa at Life with Zoe and Teagan
Kathleen at I'm Not Good with Titles
Jen at Maddie! Maddy! Maddeeeeee!
Kathy at this is not poetry
Jill at Just Dreaming
Aprille at Planet of the Aprilles
Melissa at Melissa's Life