November 5, 2012

friday wrap-up

I gave in to the absolute chaos that is the last three days of October and the first few days of November for our family and skipped my Friday wrap up last week.

And as I sit here writing this I realize I have no idea what we did last week I just know that it was really, really busy. Fueled by the sugar and excitement that can only come from a holiday and birthday in the same week.

For sure there was costume finishing and learning about different cultures' celebrations of Halloween, Samhain, Dia de los Muertos, and All Saints Day. There was a birthday celebration and a visit from PopPop. Some Mexican food which went quickly from the plan to have a homemade dia de los muertos celebration to barely making it through the day and ending up at the Mexican restaurant down the street  - but the kids got to try tamales, so, you know, totally worth it.

The big excitement for the week for Guthrie was getting to read book 6 of the BOB books on her 6th birthday. She is gaining confidence and doing wonderfully with her reading.

I'm looking forward to refreshing our shelves this week, enjoying some quiet home time and revamping some of my plan for the next 3 weeks until we start our winter break.

1 comment:

Luci & Loree said...

Well, i thought there would at least be a birthday picture!! You know just prior to blowing out candles..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails