December 8, 2009

i know, i know

I've already been made fun of several times this week at work because I'm that weirdo weather lady. But, what's a 7 month pregnant woman to do besides read dramatic weather reports and get excited by them? Clean my bathroom again? I think not.

So the weather service issued a 'historical perspective' statement this morning - how awesome is that? and I'm totally going to republish it here for your enjoyment:
IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 10 YEARS SINCE SNOWS AND WINDS OF THIS MAGNITUDE AND EXPANSE HAVE BEEN SEEN ACROSS THE AREA. STORM STRENGTH IS ANOTHER MATTER. IT HAS PROBABLY BEEN 20 TO 30 YEARS SINCE THE IMPACTS OF A WINTER STORM OF THIS STRENGTH HAVE BEEN SEEN IN THE AREA.

My favorite line is "STORM STRENGTH IS ANOTHER MATTER."
And is this not the best doom and gloom paragraph you've ever had to read in a yelling Chris Matthews kind of voice? I mean it is in all caps for goodness sake.

So, yes, we'll be out and about today and probably not tomorrow as I'm kind of counting on Guthrie having her first real Snow Day on my scheduled day off. And it would be a fun snow day except for the blizzard possibilities, so in reality it'll be a fun movie day.

*****

In other news my friend Christie and I have tickets this Friday to see Birth the play at the Harrison Hilltop Theater. We're excited albeit a little nervous that we'll be the two people fighting to stay awake - not at all as a reflection of the play, but because we're old. And we're moms. And 8 pm on a Friday usually includes pajamas.
However I'm super excited because 1. I haven't been out with Christie sans family, umm, ever and we've been planning to have mom time for ages and 2. way excited for the play. I went to the Birth on Labor Day Event in 2007 in Iowa City and it was amazing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails