I know you're wondering what life-work skills does an almost-18 month old have exactly?
And here I present Guthrie's Resume:
To secure a life wherein I can eat pears, watch birds, dance to the blues, and know where my parents area at all times.
School of hard knocks November 1, 2006 to present.
- stack blocks 4 high
- use, or eat, crayons at will
- yell Uh-Oh whilst looking perplexed about apparently nothing
- temporarily distract anyone by screaming for apparently no reason in any locale and/or when presented with a question to which I must respond, i.e. "would you like to read a book before bedtime?"
- get halfway up the slide going the wrong way
- able to find random articles which cause parents to ask "where the heck did you get that Gus?" (such as the [empty] flask she found earlier this week and pretended to drink from. we're learnin' her early, heh.)
- able to find articles on command, i.e., shoes, coats, mom's purse, remote controls, and books although have a tendency to get distracted by said activity and occasionally put said articles in hiding places such as the laundry hamper, the large kitchen bowls -mom's wallet totally belonged there- and the couch crack.
- will blow kisses selectively
- able to tell parents when it is time for bed by waving insistently
- climb stairs, up or down
- claps for anyone, anywhere, doing something maybe interesting
- make toy animals talk to each other
Special Interests: running, bathing, tormenting cats, eating and throwing food
hmm I think she has a strong chance at getting hired for a Merit position at the University sometime soon.