November 23, 2011

the day before

I love the day before Thanksgiving. Almost as much as I love Thanksgiving. I'd so much rather have Wednesday than Friday off - and I almost always do, so, yay!

I've spent most of the day puttering in the kitchen and such. Have a lot of baking and stuff to do tonight, but much of the prep work is done.
Our menu? Here you go:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Scalloped Potatoes
Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
Corn Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Jello Salad
Cranberry Stuff
Rolls

We'll have some awesome leftovers. I heart leftovers only after a major holiday. The rest of the year I do not heart them one bit.

And for dessert - pumpkin pie with whipped cream for sure and then I think a molasses pecan pie. Sounded interesting so I think I'm going to just go for it.


Wishing you a wonderful holiday filled with laughter and love and awesome leftovers!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails