September 8, 2010

WIP

It has been forever since I've done a Work in Progress post. Which is not to say I haven't been doing any WIP'ing, it's just been slow going. Imagine that.

I'm a scarf person. Come to my house mid-winter and observe my bushel basket full of them. Before Laithe was born I picked up Debbie Bliss's Baby Knits for Beginners. It's all soft colors and pretty yarn and cute babies. What's not to love? I decided to make the scarf on the front cover for the baby for this upcoming winter. I finished it when he was a couple of weeks old.

So then I got this idea to make scarves for the family for the Autumnal Equinox - where it may or may not be scarf weather here. And so here's where I'm at.



Laithe's: done.
Guthrie's: needs binding off.
Mine: maybe 2/3's done. if it's to be short.
John's: uhh, still yarn.
October 1st is the new goal.

The other project I've been plugging away on is Laithe's sweater. I'm crocheting it, so it's fast when I actually get a chance to pick it up. I'm making a 9 month size cardigan. I'm thinking it'll get finished in this next month or so. The pattern is made up of a series of rectangles and squares. We'll see how that somewhat lack of sizing works out.

and him? he's my constant craft companion these days. hell-bent on felting my yarn with his drool before I can get it on the needles.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

ohhhhhh, how cute is everything!! Is it rude to ask for a scarf???? I should post my WIP's too - I'm working on a ton of stuff right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails