September 8, 2008

busy busy

So, we've been putting up. You know, canning and freezing and dehydrating. Kind of like the squirrels in the backyard only more high tech.



Peaches, blueberries, pears, beets, corn, pickles . . . have I blocked anything out?

Our basement came with three floor to ceiling sets of built in canning shelves. They're perfect for quart sized jars. So, of course I will make valiant attempts to fill them with things other than tools or extra batteries or cobwebs.













Here's my 1st valiant attempt!
In a couple of weeks we're going to the apple orchard. We went when I was about 8 months pregnant last time and talked about how excited we were to take our baby the next year. Then there was some late snowfall the next year so no apples. This year however there are apples, so I will keep you posted. Guthrie requests apples on a daily basis so I think she'll be in apple heaven.

And here's Guthrie proving that you can wear triplets! That babywearing convention gave her high hopes I think!

















Last Friday we took advantage of free day at the Niabi Zoo. It was the first time we'd taken Gus to the zoo and she was impressed. Mostly. She really enjoyed the statues of the animals. A lot.


But she also loved the elephants, big cats, and the owl. We went back and looked at the owl 3 times.

Goats not so much. I guess we won't be getting one to help with the backyard mowing next year. Bummer.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

You are my hero. I don't know what else to say. I seriously don't know how you find time for all of this. You're breastfeeding your 2 year old and making her homemade food, while I'm giving my 4 month old bottles of formula with rice cereal (granted, doctor prescribed becuase of reflux) and already feeding him store-bought baby-food and letting my 3 year old eat chicken mcnuggets three nights a week.

Melissa said...

I'm so proud of you and the canning - I so wish I had done some this year, but, where to put it all, I have yet to figure out! Everything looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Holy freakin' jars you are so domestic! I'm jealous :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails